Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Color Me "Mommy"

A few weeks ago, I had a Mommy's Night Out at a local "Color Me Mine" store. For those of you not familiar with it...you pick out a piece of pottery and paint it to take home.
I had been wanting to try this place out for the longest time and I am SO GLAD that I did!
It's my new favorite place. It was a lot of fun especially painting with a group of other mommies and Aunt Lindsay too.

I wanted to start out painting something simple because the only type of paints that I have touched in a while, has been fingerpaints. I choose a small platter and I am pretty happy how it turned out.
What do you think?

Before being glazed and fired...

After...

I didn't think it was too bad for my first time. I'm going to go again in a few weeks and I can't wait!
I think I'm going to try to do a mug or vase this time.

I can't wait until Evan and Connor can go there and paint with me!
I think it will be a while though...especially with Evan :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOVE it! It looks awesome. And I love the signature. :)