Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Evan Goes BANANAS!

Yesterday morning as I was in the kitchen getting ready for a "Mommies Gone Wild" play date, Evan asked me for a banana. I didn't think twice about it...he eats at least 2 bananas a day, more if I would let him.
He quickly starts to eat it while walking back to his room to play.
I'm then standing at the sink cutting up some strawberries and Evan hands me one of his "Thomas and Friends" trains and says,  "Mommy, wash it". I take the train and notice that it's totally covered in mushed banana!!!
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!, I think to myself :) "Evan, where's the rest of the banana?", I say to him.
He runs into his room and I follow.

This is what I find...
You are looking at 3 of Evan's "Thomas and Friends" Trains lined up in mushed banana.
Evan even stuck the "Dole" banana sticker on top of Thomas.
So, maybe I'm not your typical Mom, but my first reaction was to laugh and then run and get the camera to take a picture of this.
No trains were harmed and everyone (and trains) involved received a bath afterwards.


Shortly after the "Train Wreck" (sorry I had to..lol), our "Mommies Gone Wild" friends came over for some food and fun!
We asked all our friends to bring over their favorite fruit to share. Evan and I provided strawberries, for 2 reasons. 1-They were on sale and 2-They are Evan's new favorite fruit. BUT the funny thing is, he doesn't call them Strawberries. He calls them blueberries.
Anyways, we cut up all the fruit and made a really big fruit salad to share.
It was the best fruit salad I have ever had!

Except for some reason I didn't have an appetite for the bananas...I wonder why? :)



No comments: