Monday, September 13, 2010

A Piece of Cake

Last Friday (9/3) I decided to have a playdate at my house for my "Mommies Gone Wild" playgroup. I'll admit...I am a dork and I LOVE to have themed playdates! It was 2 days before Evan's half birthday...so I thought..."Half Birthday Party Playdate!"
I figured I'd make a big cake for the mommies and kiddos, have Happy Birthday plates, etc. Even write "Happy Half Birthday Evan" on the cake...I was excited and thinking that I am quite a "Cool Mommy" for doing this!
I decided to make the cake in the morning, so it would be nice and fresh! I baked it right after breakfast and as soon as it was done, I set it on the counter to cool. 
Dave was outside mowing the lawn (he had off from work) and I figured I'd take a quick shower and get dressed. Connor was napping and Evan was watching Curious George. So, I jumped in the shower fast and then checked on the boys as soon as I got out...everyone was still in the same spot.
 I then started to brush my teeth and noticed Evan was running up and down the hallway all excited. I didn't think much of it at the time because he usually does this when he sees Dave outside mowing the grass.
So, I started to do my hair and noticed Evan has crumbs on his face as he was running by.
 So I start to ask Evan what he is eating and he runs to the kitchen. I run after him and watch in horror as he shoves handfuls of cake into his mouth!
I send Evan to his room and I call Dave into the house.
I'll be completely honest...I was mad...but Dave and I laughed our heads off!!!!
Not in front of Evan of course :)

The cake was totally ruined and I had to serve popsicles instead.
There will be no half birthday celebration next year.

Check out the pictures below, but you really had to see it in person!

Notice the chair pushed right up to the counter?


1 comment:

Jen said...

I looooove this story! I can so see Evan doing that. Too cute! I laughed, too...but I would have been mad if it was Gavin, I'm sure. :) Glad to see some updates. We miss you guys!